Updating your roof is one of the most significant investments you can make as a homeowner. It’s only natural to give as much consideration to the brand of shingle as you do to the style and color. After all, your roof’s shelf life can be up to 50 years. Taking this into consideration, it can be understandable why a homeowner might have anxiety about making this decision. We’ve compiled some tips on how to make the roofing color selection as stress-free as possible.
1. This is not a decision that should be rushed; it’s okay to take some time to give it serious thought. Consider if your color choice will be what you want years down the road.
2. Talk with your estimator. They’ve likely overseen hundreds of roofing jobs and can speak to which colors will best compliment your home’s structure and current siding. it’s easier to change your roofing than you siding so be sure the shingle color you have chosen does not clash with the siding and trim.
3. Go over all of the options. Use your home’s architecture as a guide for whether your new shingles should be a singular color or a blend of multiple colors.
4. A lot of roofing manufacturers have software that allows customers the ability to download a photo of their home or select a housing style and drop in different colored siding and roofing options. Visit http://www.gaf.com/Roofing/Residential/Virtual-Home-Remodeler/Virtual-Home-Remodeler.aspx?CBViewer=8176 to see the different roofing options offered by GAF Roofing. GAF is North America’s largest manufacturer of asphalt roofing. Lindus Construction is proud to offer GAF roofing solutions.
6. What do other homes in your neighborhood have? It’s important to be sure that your selections compliment your neighborhood. A choice that is not complimentary to neighboring homes may make selling your home more difficult down the road.
7. Your Home’s Style-Evaluate your home’s style to decide what are appropriate colors and what are not. For example, a Spanish style home is going to look out of place with blue shingles. Home magazines can also be helpful in showcasing different styles of homes and the shingle colors that suit them the best.
Lindus Construction offers both metal & asphalt roofing systems. In 2011, they were recognized by GAF (North America’s largest manufacturer of commercial and residential roofing) as the #1 GAF Roofer in the country. Lindus Construction’s successes of past recognitions include winning all 6 of GAF’s excellence awards in 2011 & 2010. Only the top 3% of all roofing contractors have qualified as Master Elite™ contractors. To become a factory-certified GAF Master Elite™ roofing contractor, companies must be fully licensed, adequately insured, have a demonstrated reputation for providing quality roofing services and be committed to on-going professional training.
Call us now at 1-800-873-1451 or check us out on the web at www.lindusconstruction.com to schedule a free in-home estimate today. Tune into AM 830 WCCO on Saturdays from 9:00-10:00am hosted by Denny Long and Andy Lindus to ask questions regarding your home improvement projects.