Rain gutters serve an important part in protecting your home from water damage by diverting water away from your home. Here are some reasons why you should consider upgrading the gutters on your home.
1. Interior Flooding: Without properly working gutters on your home, water is not diverted away which can cause basement flooding.
2. Rotting Fascia: Fascia provides the finished look to a home’s trim. It covers rafter ends and creates a surface along the edge of the roof. It protects the house from severe weather by creating a barrier against precipitation. Fascia boards also prevent rodents from getting into your home’s walls because it covers gaps between the wall & the roof. If clogged gutters overfill, they can cause excess water to hit wooden fascia. This can cause it to start breaking down in a matter of hours. Replacing fascia on your entire home can be a costly & time consuming process.
3. Bowing Driveways: Gutters that work improperly can cause large puddles of water to break concrete down from the surface. This can result in cracking and bowing in your driveway. Cracks and bowed driveways can be the result.
4. Landscaping Erosion: Whether you hire a professional or do it yourself, landscaping is an investment. Lack of or clogged gutters can send water rushing towards your landscaping which and can knock over plants & shrubs. Water can also cause soil erosion and dips in your yard.
5. Pest Control: Here in the Midwest, mosquitoes are plentiful in the summer months. Sitting water in gutters makes for the perfect breeding grounds for mosquitoes, making it difficult for you to enjoy the outdoors.
6. Stay Dry When Entering Your Home: Gutters deter water from rushing off the roof over the entrances to your home and porch. Having gutters eliminates this at your home’s entry. Not having them leaves all that enter your home in a rainstorm to be sopping wet.
7. A Cleaner Exterior: Water crashing off your roof with nothing to stop it will hit the ground causing mud which will likely splash up against your siding.
A Little About LeafGuard Gutters:
- Never having to clean your gutters again – Guaranteed
- Maintenance free, durable, custom fit gutters
- 20% thicker aluminum that will never rust or deteriorate
- A low profile design that won’t interfere with roofing projects or warranties
- In a simulated laboratory test, LeafGuard Brand gutters were able to handle 32 inches of rain per hour – over three times the heaviest rainfall ever recorded by the U.S. Weather Bureau. It will catch rainwater; but will NEVER clog.
Call us now at 1-800-873-1451 or check us out on the web at www.lindusconstruction.com to schedule a free in-home estimate today. Tune into AM 830 WCCO on Saturdays from 9:00-10:00am hosted by Denny Long and Andy Lindus to ask questions regarding your home improvement projects.