Mosquitoes love gutters clogged with water, wet leaves and other debris. In fact, a significant percentage of mosquitoes in your neighborhood are bred right at home, in your own wet gutters. From a health standpoint, clogged gutters are a haven for mosquitoes that will breed freely in a clustered moist environment. Let’s not forget the constant distraction of outdoor life around your home. Mosquitoes live where they breed. Experts say all it takes is one tablespoon of standing water to breed hundreds of mosquitoes. Many people think that clogged gutters are a spring and fall phenomenon, but mosquito breeding season is long and can extend because of early spring and late winter.
Mosquitoes are commonly known to carry West Nile Virus which is on the rise. West Nile Virus (WNV) usually has the highest risk from mid-summer through early autumn. About 1 out of every 150 people bitten by infected mosquitoes will develop central nervous system disease and approximately 10% of people with severe forms of WNV will form an infection and die. Fortunately most healthy individuals infected develop West Nile Fever, which is a less severe form and are able to fight off the virus.
Clogged gutters are not only unsightly, but also a danger to the integrity of your home and health. Here are some threats they present:
- Increased mosquito population increasing your health risk for West Nile Virus
- Increased mosquito populations also increase your dog’s chance of contracting heartworm since they carry this too
- Damage to your soffit & fascia
- Ground erosion
- Cracks in the foundation and basement flooding
Why choose LeafGuard® Gutters to protect your home & health?
Rain gutters are meant to capture the water from your roof and carry it safely into a downspout – away from your soffit, fascia and foundation, where it can cause damage. But ordinary gutters also capture leaves, twigs and other organic debris that can cause them to clog during rainstorms. LeafGuard®’s patented design allows rainwater to travel down and around its curved hood and into the gutter, while deflecting leaves and debris. LeafGuard® Gutters are guaranteed not to clog for as long as you own your home, or the installing dealer will clean your gutters for free. LeafGuard® Gutters are custom fit, durable, and made in a wide variety of colors. Their attractive design blends in perfectly with every style home. With LeafGuard®’s unique gutter protection system, you can forget about water damage, surface erosion, and climbing ladders. That’s why we say: With LeafGuard® Brand Gutters – Get It and Forget It!
Well-informed homeowners have been choosing LeafGuard® seamless gutters for almost 20 years to safeguard their homes and here is why:
- LeafGuard®’s patented one-piece seamless design allows rainwater to cling to the hood and fall into the gutter, while leaves and other debris fall to the ground.
- LeafGuard® Brand Gutters not only looks better, but also functions better than add-on gutter covers, gutter hoods, and screens.
- LeafGuard®’s one-piece hood and gutter are formed from a seamless piece of aluminum eliminating problems with gutter attachments and color matching.
- LeafGuard® is not screwed or nailed into your roof causing damage and warranty violations associated with two-piece gutter systems.
- LeafGuard®Brand Gutters are securely fastened to your fascia board with hidden, non-corrosive, internal hangers.
- LeafGuard® is made from aluminum that is 20% heavier than standard aluminum gutters.
- The LeafGuard® system features larger downspouts that are also 30% thicker than standard aluminum gutters.
- LeafGuard®’s exclusive ScratchGuard® paint finish, won´t chip, peel or crack, and comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Lindus Construction / Midwest LeafGuard is a full service contractor specializing in LeafGuard Gutters, GAF Asphalt Roofing, SeasonGuard Windows/Siding/Insulation, Metal Roofing, Decking, New Construction & Home Remodeling. Call us at 1-800-873-1451 or check us out on the web at http://lindusconstruction.com. Tune into WCCO 830 every Saturday at 9am for our Home Improvement Show with Denny Long & Andy Lindus.