Residential metal roofing is one of the fastest growing segments of home improvement, quadrupling its market share of the industry over the last 10 years. According to the National Association of Homebuilders Research, the recycled content from production to installation to reuse of metal roofing is 56%, which is far superior to its asphalt counterpart, having 20 billion pounds of asphalt shingles dumped in landfills every year. Metal roofing is an excellent insulator keeping your home comfortable regardless of the weather outside and can even lower your cooling and heating bills.
Metal roofs are becoming more popular because of their long-term performance characteristics, such as 50 year metal and 35 year finish warranties, not to mention their strength, unmatched durability and being maintenance free. Metal roofing is unmatched compared to other roofing materials. It exceeds its competition in recyclability, energy efficiency, product safety and weight.
- Recyclability – metal roofing is 100% recyclable.
- Energy Efficiency – reported energy savings as high as 20% on heating and cooling costs.
- Product Safety – noncombustible material for increased fire protection.
- Weight – less weight load on the structure of your home.
Benefits of choosing an Englert metal roof for your home
- Lightweight–less than 1/3 the weight of asphalt and one twentieth the weight of concrete
- Won’t rot, crack, crumble, split, break or burn.
- Are made from recycled steel and aluminum material and are 100 % recyclable.
- Have coatings that prevent 75 to 80 percent of the sun’s energy from being absorbed into the roof.
- Can reduce roof surface temperatures by 60 to 70 degrees.
- Are available in a wide variety of styles and custom colors.
- Durable and maintenance-free.
- Increases a building’s value.
- Is an ideal platform for integrating solar electric and solar thermal renewable energy solutions.
- Comes in 26 different ULTRA-Cool™ finishes
- Can earn up to 25 U.S. Green Building Council LEED credits
- Qualify for discounted insurance premiums because of safety rating
Lindus Construction / Midwest LeafGuard is a full service contractor specializing in LeafGuard Gutters, GAF Asphalt Roofing, SeasonGuard Windows/Siding/Insulation, Metal Roofing, Decking, New Construction & Home Remodeling. Call us at 1-800-873-1451 or check us out on the web at http://lindusconstruction.com. Tune into WCCO 830 every Saturday at 9am for our Home Improvement Show with Denny Long & Andy Lindus.